The World of Treya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The World of Treya

This is a forum for 2nd ed D&D based roleplay in a campaign world called Treya.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread)

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Empty Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:43 am

Jessamine

Jessamine
Admin
Admin

After the delusion attack and seeing nothing of note on that floor, the group moves to the staircase on the other side of the room. Upon going up the stairs, they see another large, empty room. There are wall lights every 60 feet, giving the room a dim glow. Another set of stairs can be seen on the far side of the room.

Last edited by Jessamine on Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:38 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Corrected Setup)

https://treyarp.rpg-board.net

2Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Empty Re: Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:33 pm

Trinity

Trinity

Before we start I've gotta do the obligatory meta joke here.

Fenz mutters to herself "What just happened? was I... dreaming? Nyesp how do other people deal with that every night." *Groan* "How long was I out? It feels like I've been asleep for over a year"

3Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Empty Re: Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:19 pm

Milshare

The Demon Fox
The Demon Fox

Ida looks at Fenz as she answers the question. "You and the others were asleep for twenty-seven hours, and six-teen minutes, I'll pass on the other details for brevity."

Qwyn closes his eyes and focuses on the task before the group. "You will have to do better than that to stop us."

Syllesti shudders as she looks over at Qwyn. "I would rather that they -not- do better than that. I'm not sure how that would play out, and I -like- living, and I -like- my life as it is."

Janceel checks over his weapons before dusting himself off. "We have lost enough time to this game. I think we should go." The grim expression on what is visable of the Guildmaster's face says much of how that experience has affected him.

4Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Empty Re: Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:06 am

appleapple88

If there is anything in the room, Hammer checks it out. If not, Hammer heads to middle of room.

5Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Empty Re: Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:33 am

Trinity

Trinity

After taking a moment to make sure her gear is in order, Fenz turns to the rest of the group. "Seconded, the sooner we get moving the better. Besides, There's a certain god I've been waiting 7 years to tell off. It just wouldn't do to keep the *you don't recognize the word but it's clearly an insult* waiting."

*when the party looks like they're getting ready to move she falls into her usual position as rear guard.*

6Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Empty Re: Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:00 pm

Jessamine

Jessamine
Admin
Admin

The group moves into the room and starts walking towards the stairs on the other side. The room appears to be empty.
"Anybody else have a bad feeling about this?" asks Andi, which is then followed by a yawn.

I would like everyone to make a D20 roll and post their result. This is not in relation to any of your stats, just a straight roll.
Qwyn, Janceel, and IDA are exempt.

Nina - 13
Andi - 2
Brenn - 20

7Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Empty Re: Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:48 pm

Trinity

Trinity

Fenz - 4

8Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Empty Re: Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:54 am

appleapple88

Hammer-4

9Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Empty Re: Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:54 pm

Jessamine

Jessamine
Admin
Admin

Syl - 18
Bade - 10

10Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Empty Re: Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:20 pm

appleapple88

Who does that leave?

11Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Empty Re: Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:38 pm

Jessamine

Jessamine
Admin
Admin

Within moments of the yawn, Andi crumples to the ground, unconscious. Nina immediately kneels down next to her to see what's wrong. As she is checking on Andi, Hammer and Fenz are the next to fall unconscious. She looks up at Qwyn, horrified. The next to fall is Bade, and before she can say anything, Nina is the next to become unconscious. Whatever effect is in the room hits Syl next, with Brenn catching her before she hits the ground. He carefully lowers her to the floor. Then, realizing that he too is being affected, mutters quietly, "Aw, chuffex," and passes out next to his wife.
This leaves Qwyn and Janceel. The effect overcomes Qwyn's paladin aura, and Janceel and IDA watch him fall. It takes another moment, but Janceel, too, is affected.
IDA is the only to remain unaffected.

EVERYONE:
When you "wake up", you find yourself in another reality. You have all your memories of your own life, but as you look around your surroundings, you realize you have memories of this reality, too.
In this place, when the Mage Wars happened nearly 700 years ago, it was not Rein and a group of Wizards who ended the war. It was Beta. The High-Archmage released Beta onto the world, and Beta "ate" every wizard he could find. Then, over the years, to feed his appetite, he sought out every magical person, creature and item he could find. The magic of the gods became extremely limited. EX: Abriel, the god of light and order, only has access to Sun and Law; Akkadey, the god of storms, only has access to Weather.
The land here is broken up into Provinces instead of Magedoms.
Codiak Province - The northern most province, encompassing the lands you all know as the Maplewood and Rein Magedoms.
Phaon Province - The lands between Codiak and the Wastelands.
Vym Province - The lands you would know as the Erickson and Broone Magedoms
Dharme Province - The lands south of the Wastelands, going down to the the Great Chasm, more or less the same as the Dharme Magedom.

QWYN
You find yourself as the High Paladin of Abriel in the city of Codiak. As you try to orient yourself in your modest rooms in the temple, you hear a knocking at the door. It is Lord Codiak's personal messenger and he is telling you that Lord Codiak has summoned you.

JANCEEL
This seems all very familiar, and not all that different from your real life. You are in the Thieves' Guild, of which you are the leader. But the city of Ermangarde is a darker place than you have ever known it to be.

BRENN & SYL
There is much familiarity in this scene for the two of you, as well. Syl, you are a famous performer and Brenn owns a butcher shop. But instead of being in Port Tylor, you are in the Elven capital. Syl, as a priestess of Edaros, you only has access to the Animal sphere.

NINA
Nina finds herself in Kyrvale, the town she was born in. There she is the proprietor of a jewelry shop.

BADE
You find yourself in the city of Rivenway. It is located on the shores of where the northern river meets the lake. (In your reality, Rivenway was destroyed during the years that Rein was trying to bring peace and the town of Riven was built further inland, along the river.) In Rivenway, you have your own business, doing what you do best.

HAMMER
You find yourself in the city of Iron Harbor. There you run the local weapon shop and teach at the fighter's academy.

FENZ
You find yourself on a ship. This is a trading ship that runs goods along the eastern coast. It's range goes from the elven lands all the way south to the Dharme Province. Currently, the ship is heading north to the Elven lands. Weather permitting, you should arrive in about 2 days.

ANDI
Andi is in the town of Wellden. (Known as Yannis in your reality.) There she is a high priestess of Gwendrae and has access only to divination spells.

12Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Empty Re: Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:38 am

Trinity

Trinity

Fenz looks out over the water, staring in the direction of the home that is not truly hers. She touches her breast where a familiar scar sits, though it was given to her by a pirate cutlass rather than the spike of a minitour club. The mark served as her connection to a patron who whispered secrets of power to her in the dark. With out Randal's assistance in understanding the change she had undergone however, the ren from this world had let the connection wither. This new world was so different but so familiar.

The loss of her magic and her god were nebulous compared to the loss that ate at her. "This makes twice that I find myself in another world with another life. Why, if these worlds are so similar is the one thing that actually matters missing? Sechla, Vashna, Nadshik, why are you not in this world either?"

13Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Empty Re: Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:02 am

appleapple88

Hammer works on making the best armor and weapons anyone have ever seen. Looking at his works of art, he wishes he were on the battlefield, using them to help people. Nevertheless, he continues on making and teaching others to defend themselves.

14Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Empty Re: Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:01 pm

Jessamine

Jessamine
Admin
Admin

I forgot about Talgan. Silly DM!

Talgan falls unconscious at about the same time Syl does. When he wakes up, he finds himself in the Annarri library working as the head archivist in the rare documents section.

Hammer, I would like you to give me a Wisdom check. Please post your roll and your Wisdom score.

Last edited by Jessamine on Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added stuffs)

15Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Empty Re: Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:48 pm

appleapple88

Rolled 10
Wisdom 15

16Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Empty Re: Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:32 pm

Jessamine

Jessamine
Admin
Admin

When Andowyn wakes up, there is a dull throbbing in her head. She looks around and finds that she in a bedroom. Part of her mind tells her that it is her room, but another part tells her no, this is not familiar. She stands up and walks out of the room. Following the hallway, she comes to a kitchen.
"Runty!" Andi exclaims at the sight of the large giff woman. "What are you doing here?"
Runta turns from the stove and looks at Andi with a mildly confused look. "Making us breakfast, of course."
"But... but you're supposed to be at home, with Randal and the children..." Andi frowns.
"Who is Randal?" asks Runty. "Are you feeling alright?" At Andi's ashen face, she rushes to her side and guides her to a chair. "Andi, what is wrong?"
Andowyn rubs her temple, her headache turning from a throbbing to a roar. "No, I'm not." She closes her eyes for a moment, trying to clear the jumbled thoughts and memories in her head. When she opens her eyes, she looks at Runta and speaks in a calm and serious tone. "This whole world, this reality, is wrong. I don't know what he did, but I don't belong here." Runty's expression becomes more worried. Andi lays her hand over hers. "Runta, you have to believe me. This is not right. I have to find the others."
Runty nods slowly. "Okay, Andi, if you say something is wrong, then something is wrong. I believe you. But who are these others you need to find?"
"Our... my friends. Qwyn and Nina, Syl and Brenn, Fenz, Hammer, Talgan, Janceel...." Andi trails off as she thinks. "Janceel, I think I can find him. I need to go to Ermangarde."
Runty shakes her head. "Not alone, you're not. I've heard of this Janceel. He's a dangerous man."
"This is true," replies Andi, "but if he's the Janceel from my reality, then he's a friend, not a threat."
"And if he's not?" asks Runty. "I'm going with you. No arguments."

An hour later, Andowyn and her hippo bodyguard leave Yannis to make their way to Ermangarde.

Hammer, you know that this is not right. This is not your life and you clearly remember your companions. You get this overwhelming feeling that you need to find them.

17Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Empty Re: Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:56 pm

appleapple88

Hammer grabs a homemade warhammer and heads out to the nearest church that Qwyn would hopefully be. (I can't remember what church Qwyn belongs to)

18Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Empty Re: Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:05 pm

Jessamine

Jessamine
Admin
Admin

Qwyn belongs to the Church of Abriel. There are two in the province. One is in the city of Rivenway, which will take you either 4 days on foot or 2 days by boat. The other is in the city of Codiak, which will take 5 days on foot.

19Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Empty Re: Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:20 pm

Milshare

The Demon Fox
The Demon Fox

Looking around slowly, Qwyn sighs before starting out his door. "These games are growing tiresome, however, play them as you will. The end will be the same; Abriel will be free, and you shall fall." For the moment he decides to see what the Duke of Codiak wants.

--
The scene is familiar to Syl the cat-bard, but the dream is so wrong for her. With her being a famous bard, she simply laughs and mutters under her breath. "Yeah, right. My family thought my talents a joke, especially my father, who believed the art of the scout was the only right path for me." She then closes her eyes at the sting of that bitter thought. "Where is the shield of Abriel? Where are our companions at?"
--
Dark, darker than even he remembers in the worst of times. These things do not bother the dark Elf. It is the knowledge that he is being so clearly played with that has Janceel D'warri angry to the point of near shaking.

"Well, you want to give me my guild in this game, fine."

Janceel calls his people together with a simple order. "I have a list of people for you to find. Find them for me."

20Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Empty Re: Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Wed May 01, 2013 3:43 pm

Trinity

Trinity

Once the other members of the guild have all passed out of earshot, the young priestess of Lyrraketh known as ‘Jinx’ steps out of the shadows behind Janceel. The half-elf’s skill in stealth has not diminished one bit, despite currently carrying her and Janceel’s second child.
“Forgive me for prying my love, but I was… concerend. I know you well enough to know when something is wrong, and something is clearly very wrong indeed. Please tell me why you’re pulling so many of our guild brothers and sisters to find those people? And why was Nina on that list?”

Last edited by Trinity on Thu May 09, 2013 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed text color)

21Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Empty Re: Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Wed May 01, 2013 10:01 pm

appleapple88

city of Rivenway it is. Hammer buys the best/biggest boat he can get and that will fit in river, since money doesn't matter here. He hires as many rowers as he'd need to get there as fast as possible.

22Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Empty Re: Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Tue May 07, 2013 8:39 pm

Jessamine

Jessamine
Admin
Admin

Nina wakes to find a familiar scene from her childhood. She is in her family's shop in the town of Kyrvale. But in the version, she has these odd memories of needing to run away for awhile because she suspected that Beta was after her. She returned a couple of years later to find the shop ransacked and nearly destroyed. But she rebuilt and along with selling jewelry, so also sells alchemical, non-magical, compounds.

Nina shakes her head as she sifts through the false memories. "Okay, think, Nina," she mutters to herself. "Where would I find Qwyn or Andi? We found Andi the first time in Addonway, and that's not too far from here. Maybe I'll get lucky and find her there again." She begins looking through the shop and back rooms and gathers things she might need for a long trip.

---

"Sir Rien, I'm glad you made it here quickly," says Lord Codiak upon Qwyn's arrival. "The safety of the province is at stake. My informants tell me that Lord Phaon is gathering an army with plans to invade, not only us, but the other provinces. Apparently, he's got in his head that he wants to rule all the lands as king. I want you to gather my armies and stop him before he can set one foot outside of his province. I have sent word to Lords Vym and Dharme. With any luck, they will send reinforcements."

Hammer, while at the docks in Iron Harbor inquiring about a ship and crew, you discover that with a generous donation to the Church of Mowkeel, they can get you to Rivenway in as quickly as a day and a half.

23Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Empty Re: Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Tue May 07, 2013 10:05 pm

appleapple88

I give them what would be a large amount to them.

24Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Empty Re: Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Thu May 09, 2013 8:56 pm

Trinity

Trinity

*OOC: Alright, I’ve been waiting for 2 and a half weeks. I'm fast-forwarding a bit so that I can actually do something.*

Fenz steps off the ship, her term of service as the ship’s navigator at an end. After saying her goodbyes to the crew she makes her way to the tavern where the group first meet Syl. She may not know where the other members of her group are, but she has a good idea of how she could let them know where to find her. After a brief talk with the owner and a few coins slip to him under the table she manages to get a spot on the evening’s entertainment roster. “Ladies and gentlemen” She announces, taking the stage “Tonight I have for you an epic tale of fantasy and adventure, heroism and magic. We have all heard the tale of the great mage wars, to the older elves and annari it may even be a distant memory. For tonight however I ask you to imagine with me a world in which magic was not allowed to fade, but instead endured. My tale begins with a young man named Rein…”

25Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Empty Re: Tower of Treya Part 2 (RP Thread) Fri May 10, 2013 11:33 am

Jessamine

Jessamine
Admin
Admin

OOC: You're not the only one waiting, Trin. There are other things that are happening in the two days that Fenz is still on the boat, so you'll have to wait again until the rest of the party catches up to your time jump.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum