The World of Treya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The World of Treya

This is a forum for 2nd ed D&D based roleplay in a campaign world called Treya.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Kingdom in Trouble - Information Thread

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jessamine

Jessamine
Admin
Admin

I've been thinking about an idea I have for a campaign set much earlier in Treyan History, several hundred years before the Mage Wars. There is unrest in the Kingdom of East Ayrra and the Monarchy needs heros.

This campaign is open to everyone.

All Standard Races and Standard Annarri allowed.
All Classes Allowed.

Characters start at 20,000xp.

Please post your character sheets, in their entirety, in this thread. If you have any questions about your character, please pm me.
I am planning on a Bard NPC.

I am also working on a map of the continent from that time period. As I'm doing it in Paint, it will take me awhile to finish it. Your patience is appreciated.

https://treyarp.rpg-board.net

appleapple88

What are standard Annarri?

JessWilder

Wolf, Bear, Fox, Mouse, Cat, Dog, Horse, and Owl.

appleapple88

I've never been an Annarri, nor a thief. so i'll probably be something along those lines.

JessWilder

If you want to max out your stats for a thief, go with mouse. The next best is cat.

Trinity

Trinity

As we already PM'd. I'm planning on joining this one as a berserker, definitely annari. Not sure of the breed though, either wolf (twin blade) or bear (BFS). I'll decide later. Despite the insistence of my crazier counterpart I'm ignoring all demands to create a horse berserker called "My little Pwn-y"

Jessamine

Jessamine
Admin
Admin

Yes, thank you, Trin for ignoring your crazier counterpart. As amusing as it is, it doesn't fit in with the setting.

appleapple88

So mouse annarri aren't actually mice size, they're just smaller people, right?

Briant Rodrigez
Mouse Annarri, Male, Neutral Good
6th Level Rogue
XP: 20,000/40,000

Str-12
Dex-17
Con-12
Int-14
Wis-12
Chr-10

That's about all i got w/o my book. What r mice annarri considered under the racial adjustments for starting theiver pts?

Jessamine

Jessamine
Admin
Admin

All Annarri are Medium sized creatures. Mouse Annarri are just on the shorter side of the scale. Did you already add in your racial adjustments to your stats? (+1 Dex, -1 Str)

As for Thieving Adjustments, I will have to ask Milshare because I don't know if I have that in my notes.

Also, did you look under the 2nd Ed D&D Category? I have a lot of info from the books posted there.
---

Trin, if you have anything written up for your berserker, you can post it in this thread.

appleapple88

yes i added

ok i will

and i own a book, but above was all i could do w/o it in front of me

Trinity

Trinity

the thing is we don't have 2nd ed books anymore, so unless working from the BG2 manual is acceptable we're gonna need some help. oh and has gary decided on a character yet? it would be neet if we were all annarri of different breeds, since we seem to be goin that direction anyway.

Jessamine

Jessamine
Admin
Admin

*chuckles* That would be an odd event, a group of Annarri help to save the Human kingdom. I was not going to make the bard Annarri, although I could make her Half-Annarri. And no, Mils has not decided on a character yet.

As for character creation, start with what you can. As I told Apple, there is much posted on the forum to help with that. Looking at the Fighter's Handbook, I can tell you that you have to have a Minimum Strength of 15 and you cannot start out with a ranged weapon proficiency. Although, you can pick one up later if you want. Also, Endurance is a bonus non-weapon proficiency. That's the basics for creation. Other things we can discuss in PMs.

appleapple88

How much gold do we have?

Jessamine

Jessamine
Admin
Admin

Excellent question. Since we're not starting at level 1, you would start with more than starting gold, but I haven't really thought about how much. So write up a list of gear you would like, and I'll let you know if you can have it.

Apple, have you thought about your character's background? Some options include (but not limited to): -being a member in good standing of the Everspring Thieves Guild, -working directly for the crown as a spy (think secret service), -a newcomer to the city, looking to make a name for yourself

Your background will influence what gear and magic items (if any) that I approve of. This applies to all players.

appleapple88

I like the secret service one. I'll do that. I'll write up my list of equipment.

Braver of defense
Good long sword
Good short bow
Stuff to help Dex.

I was hoping to get a Box of Delights. It's the magic item Pomme had that exploded in that weird magic jump start field. Oh the coins.

Last edited by appleapple88 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Trinity

Trinity

I just rolled stats on an online dice roller and holy shit!
I even took a screencap cause picks or it didn't happen. not sure exactly how to post it.

Trinity

Trinity

okay, here's what we got

Lukos Isangrim
Wolf annarri, Male, Chaotic neutral
5th level warrior
XP: 20,000/32,000

Str-17
Dex-18
Con-16
Int-12
Wis-16
Chr-14

HP: 47

Weapon Proficiencies:
Shortsword ***
Axe *
Two-weapon fighting *

Jessamine

Jessamine
Admin
Admin

Well, Trin, it looks like we might just have an Annarri party. Mils is going to play a Priest of Xyne. Last we talked, he was debating between Owl and Bear.

Apple, I'm going to have to say no to Box of Delights. First, I'm not entirely sure what it is as that was a Mytheria item. Second, and this go for any unusual magic item, if I have to go hunt down the Demon Fox to find out what an item is and what it does, the answer is no.
I mean, it's such a pain, having to travel to his tower, hunt him down (probably in his library) and then negotiate for the information. Cool

Oh, I'm thinking of starting a second thread, just for our completed character sheets, so keep an eye out for that.

Trinity

Trinity

So... noone commented on my character's name. I guess the joke was a little too subtle, or maybe it's just that noone cares. well, whatever. It's probably for the best.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum